SPCP JOURNAL

SPCP JOURNAL
bondo

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

October 7th

Question: What's my relationship to the floor? Good question. And I can't shake it. It's clearly based on the inevitability of getting Off the floor.

Observation: Invite being seen, Get what you need, Surrender the pattern of fixing on a singular direction, idea, feeling, object, Invite being seen, again.

The human brain we know can do only one thing at a time. However, it does it extremely quickly - so quickly that it seems that everything is happening at once and in a coherent way. But this is a fiction. So as I practice I keep changing or reminding myself of each of these prompts. Brother. As DH says, it's impossible. "What if ..." you could? Isn't that fun? It is. And impossible. It's mind boggling to have all this going on at the same time, and then clearly have no choice but to experience the dance that is happening. It's happening because you entered. That's all I have for now.

My friend Julie Lockett has posted some photos on Flickr. Check them out if you like.

Very best to you all,

wb

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the concise boiling down of your questions. I have to re-ready them before every practice or I zone out, entering the land of dance noodling and have to start over (after re-reading the questions). Keep em comming. LMx

Poem of the day (or whenever I change it)

"Odysseus"
Always the setting forth was the same,
Same sea, same dangers waiting for him
As though he had got nowhere but older.
Behind him on the receding shore
The identical reproaches, and somewhere
Out before him, the unravelling patience
He was wedded to. There were the islands
Each with its woman and twining welcome
To be navigated, and one to call ``home.''
The knowledge of all that he betrayed
Grew till it was the same whether he stayed
Or went. Therefore he went. And what wonder
If sometimes he could not remember
Which was the one who wished on his departure
Perils that he could never sail through,
And which, improbable, remote, and true,
Was the one he kept sailing home to?


By: W.S.Merwin